Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Corn and Vodka for Thanksgiving and a run around Abrud

This year instead of having Thanksgiving thrusted upon me by my students in one big surprise dinner I planned my leave in advance and left for a small village where other Peace Corps volunteers would be congregating for a good ol' fashioned Thanksgiving. There is something special that comes about when you come together with other people from your country who get all your jokes and can follow your Simpson references. Just being with other Americans was a great experience for once and I plan on repeating these experiences on a more regular basis. Unfortunately most of the footage I got turned out to be much too inappropriate to upload but lots of wholesome drinking games and unorthodox methods of cooking, grilling as it tuned out, the 45 pound turkey were put into place.

I now have Final Cut Pro 7, the best and most powerful video editing software to date (in my opinion) so I will say good bye to my old editing software with this last little Vlog called 'A Winters Run', the last time I will be using imove.



And as a test of what I have been learning with FinalCut I give you my latest Vlog which really explains nothing and is more confusing than clarifying, it really is just a quick test and with a better camera and an actual green screen instead of a pink bed sheet to key out frames the possibilities are endless.



I went shopping just the other day so don't worry Mom.

3 comments:

Kale Iverson said...

Two things:

LOVE: The shit dodging running sequence and the fact that when you throw the football left handed you throw like a sissy.

Randall H. Sloot said...

Great videos, looks like the software is broadening your horizons. Travel safe, can't wait to see ya man.

Teku said...

I just enjoyed movie and music: very great!